subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Intentions for 1.11 release timing
Date Fri, 18 May 2018 14:27:41 GMT
Stefan Sperling wrote on 2018-05-18:
> On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 02:54:03PM +0100, Julian Foad wrote:
> > LTS release:
> >   * full backports for at least 2 years, and at least until the next LTS release
> >   * security/corruption fixes for at least 4 years, and at least until the next-but-one
LTS release

> What do you mean exactly with next-but-one LTS release?

I meant:
  * full backports for the greater of (until the (N+1)th LTS release) and (2 years)
  * security/corruption fixes for the greater of (until the (N+2)th LTS release) and (4 years)

So if someone ignores all the non-LTS releases from now on, the promises they get for LTS
releases would correspond pretty much exactly to how we have been managing all of our release
up to and including 1.10.

BTW, as well as designating 1.10 as LTS, we would also designate 1.9 as an LTS release (which
is now in its "security/corruption fixes only" support phase). And the way we are treating
1.8 (which recently reached the end of its security/corruption fixes support period) would
be exactly the same as if we had designated 1.8 as an LTS release.

- Julian