subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shelve & checkpoint - next steps
Date Fri, 11 May 2018 16:28:56 GMT
Julian Foad wrote:
> Julian Foad wrote on 2018-04-16:
>> === Storage for binary files ===
> [...]
> store a 'binary' file by copying the working version into a directory
> structure that parallels the WC directory structure, [...]

Done in http://svn.apache.org/r1831344 .

Performance, by a little manual testing, seems in line with what I'd
expect for doing OS-level file copying.

What works now?

   * files recognized as 'binary' (by our svn:mime-type rules) are
handled by storing the whole working file; other files still use diff
and patch

   * unshelving a 'binary' file reports a conflict if the WC file is
already locally modified (it doesn't check the base version is the same
as it was);

   * unshelving a 'binary' file copies it into the WC (and adds it to
version control if not already)

   * properties of a 'binary' file are still stored in the patch file
and handled by patch application

- Julian