subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fuhrmann <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Warnings from the bindings
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2018 11:28:12 GMT
On 30.03.2018 00:27, Philip Martin wrote:
> Philip Martin<philip@codematters.co.uk>  writes:
>
>>    +1 to release
> The swig-pl tests produce warnings for:
>
> Warning: unable to close filehandle $out_fh properly: Bad file descriptor at /home/pm/sw/subversion/sign/build/subversion/bindings/swig/perl/native/blib/lib/SVN/Core.pm
line 58.
FWIW, I see the same on Ubuntu 16.04.4 and
they have been present in alpha2 already.
> Core.pm:58 is a call to apr_terminate() so perhaps pool cleanup is
> attempting to close a file that has been already closed.
>
> The JavaHL tests produce warnings for:
>
> WARNING in native method: JNI call made without checking exceptions when required to
from CallStaticObjectMethod
Seen these in alpha2 but not in rc2. Java8 has
been updated since then.
> but it's not clear to me which bit of source code is responsible.  There
> are also warnings for:
>
> WARNING: JNI local refs: 33, exceeds capacity: 32
>    at org.apache.subversion.javahl.util.PropLib.unparseExternals(Native Method)
>    at org.apache.subversion.javahl.SVNUtil.unparseExternals(SVNUtil.java:790)
Those are a known issue. There used to be 10-ish
such warnings and now they are down to 3. I vaguely
recall that there had been an actual fix and we are
now seeing the remaining unpatched occurrences.

-- Stefan^2.