subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Returned post for announce@apache.org
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2018 09:26:00 GMT
Stefan wrote:
> On 07/04/2018 20:37, Julian Foad wrote:
>> Looks like we should make two more tweaks to announcement email templates - see below.
I'll do it, at least in time for final 1.10.0 announcement, if nobody beats me to it.

>> Would be nice to do it in time to re-send this rc2 email to announce@a.o but I don't
think that's so important.
[...]
> Replaced all http links with https ones in both templates.

Thank you! I re-sent the RC2 email to announce@apache.org.

I didn't re-send to the Subversion lists. The next time (the real 1.10.0
I hope) it will be the updated version.

> Regarding the link to s.a.o I'm not sure where, how and if at all to put
> it in the templates... There are already three links to s.a.o (download
> page, release notes, and mailing lists). If I'd put a link to s.a.o I'd
> place it right below the first line (after "Apache Subversion
> [version].") but then there's already the link to the download page two
> lines below... Therefore, I'm quite a bit unsure about whether it
> wouldn't be unnecessary and just bloat the mail with yet another link...
>
> So I'll better leave that part for someone else to decide (not going to
> argue against it being added).

Same here. Some day perhaps we should review the content of
announcements in the context of all Apache projects -- some have "about
our project" and "about Apache" and "how to unsubscribe" sections, and
so on. I'm not going to make more changes just now.

- Julian