subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Evgeny Kotkov <evgeny.kot...@visualsvn.com>
Subject Re: Potential regression: high server-side memory consumption during import (was: Subversion 1.10 RC1?)
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2018 14:15:46 GMT
Stefan Fuhrmann <stefan2@apache.org> writes:

> Would it be possible for you to bisect this to find the offending revision?
> My random guess would be that in the context of mod_dav_svn, we might use
> an unsuitable pool for authz caching.

While looking through the various 1.10-related topics, I remembered about
this issue.  I have been able to narrow it down in my environment to
https://svn.apache.org/r1778923 (Ensure that even long-lived DAV
connections use up-to-date authz.)

Perhaps, a simpler reproduction script would be to issue an 'svn log' for
a medium-sized repository.  In my environment, doing so for the trunk of
TortoiseSVN's repository with 25,000 revisions causes the httpd process
to consume up to a 1 GB of RAM while processing the request.  Overall,
the log takes around 11 seconds instead of 2, compared to 1.9.7.

Unless I am missing something, this might be worth considering before the
1.10 GA release.

Thanks,
Evgeny Kotkov