subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <phi...@codematters.co.uk>
Subject Re: rep-cache sanity checks Re: Script to obliterate the most recent revision(s)
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2018 11:44:09 GMT
Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> writes:

> While we're at it, do we check, before using a rep-cache reference, that the
> revision:offset coordinates we obtained do in fact refer to a representation?

The SHA1 collision detection code means Subversion now does very exact
verification of rep-cache references.  Subversion verifies that the
fulltext obtained by expanding the rep-cache reference matches the
expected fulltext.  This code should also verify the checksum as a side
effect of the fulltest verification but issue 4722 in 1.9.7 means that
while the fulltext is verified the checksum verification is usually
skipped.

--
Philip