subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subversion1.10.0-rc1 up for testing/signing
Date Sat, 24 Feb 2018 20:55:13 GMT
Branko ─îibej wrote:
>>    - Warning from JavaHL build:
>>
>>      subversion/bindings/javahl/native/SVNRepos.cpp:371:15: warning: 'svn_repos_load_fs5'
>>            is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
>>        SVN_JNI_ERR(svn_repos_load_fs5(repos, dataIn.getStream(requestPool),
>
> I'm assuming we can fix this during the soak period, even if it means
> adding another overload to the JavaHL Repos API, yes? Fixing bindings
> shouldn't extend the soak (or only by a week)?
>
> In other words, it doesn't make sense to block RC1 over this detail.

We should not require this to be fixed for 1.10.0.

We have a policy of not calling deprecated APIs from within our own
code, but that is basically for our own convenience -- it does not
matter to the users of our code. We have a requirement that deprecated
APIs are safe and correct to use. Therefore it is fine to release code
like this.

It can be fixed at leisure, any time.

- Julian