subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject New-in-1.10 editor->apply_textdelta_stream() method
Date Sat, 24 Feb 2018 09:22:20 GMT
svn_delta_editor_t.apply_textdelta_stream() is new in 1.10... but is it
backward compatible?

Callers call that method unconditionally. Is that method always
guaranteed to be initialized to a non-null function pointer, even when
old client code is calling the new libraries?

Brane just checked and found svn_delta_default_editor() provides a
backward compatibility wrapper so that sounds like it should be OK, as
it looks like use of svn_delta_default_editor() is mandatory.

My suspicion was raised because I tried using
svn_delta__get_debug_editor and it wasn't implemented in there. I fixed
that. If that was the only place it was missing, that's fine.

Posting here to get a second check.

- Julian