subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>
Subject Re: mailer.py commit says TypeError: must be unicode, not str
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 16:43:53 GMT
On 2/6/2018 7:56 PM, Troy Curtis Jr wrote:
> Kenneth, I'm having trouble reproducing your issue.  Any other hints
> at what might causing the trouble in your environment that you can
> think of?  I've tried changing my locale, changing the files diffed to
> being utf8, all with no luck.  Regardless your suggested change needs
> to be done on my swig-py3 branch, since it for sure needs it for
> Python 3, but I'd really like to understand what is going on here to
> make sure the issue is well and truly resolved.

Alas, I'm not familiar with how Python resolves symbols, so I'm not sure
how to find the true source of the problem. (I'm a long-time C/C++/asm
programmer and hardware designer but very green with Python.) I'll see
if I can reproduce it with a "hello world" program to see if it's
specific to the symbols being resolved in the library or some more
general problem with this build of Python.