subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>
Subject Re: mailer.py commit says TypeError: must be unicode, not str
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 02:51:38 GMT
--On Thursday, February 08, 2018 2:30 AM +0000 Troy Curtis Jr
<troycurtisjr@gmail.com> wrote:

> If that package was being imported, I'd definitely expect that kind of
> behavior, but merely it's presence on your system should not be enough to
> actually cause your python scripts to use the "future" behavior within
> python 2.7.  Has the mailer.py been changed, or is it being imported by
> some other script as a module that does import the future module?

It happens at the top of fs.py with this sequence:

try:
  # Python >=3.0
  import builtins
except ImportError:
  # Python <3.0
  import __builtin__ as builtins

The code should be taking the except clause but the presence of the
compatibility package fools fs.py into thinking it's on a 3.0 system. This
might work except for the improper Unicode assumption about the kind of
object returned by open().