subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>
Subject Re: mailer.py commit says TypeError: must be unicode, not str
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 17:22:52 GMT
Here's an interesting clue. I added "print type(fp)" after the temp file is
opened to see what kind of file object was returned by the open call and
got this traceback. How is the type function getting overloaded with
svn_fs_type? So far I haven't been able to recreate this with a short
hello-world program. So I'm sure something is going wrong in the chain of
imports somewhere between mailer.py and fs.py.

  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/svn/fs.py", line 80, in
_dump_contents
    print type(fp)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libsvn/fs.py", line 122, in
svn_fs_type
    return _fs.svn_fs_type(*args)
TypeError: must be string, not _io.TextIOWrapper