subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Relaxed STATUS voting rules for experimental features?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 19:24:37 GMT
Branko ─îibej wrote on Mon, 12 Feb 2018 23:11 +0100:
> Backporting experimental features isn't crucial, surely? Yet if there
> are changes in trunk, they _might_ affect other code; in that case, more
> eyes is better.

So perhaps something like 'two +1s and one "I verified no non-
experimental code is affected"'.  There were some shelving-related
nominations in the past weeks that I would have easily been able to cast
the latter vote for, but not the former.

The thinking here is to have a three-man rule for the "Stable features
aren't affected" part but a two-man rule for the "Changes to an
experimental feature" part.