subversion-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Troy Curtis Jr <troycurti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows Compile Help
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2018 15:23:15 GMT
On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 12:21 AM Nathan Hartman <hartman.nathan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2018, at 11:44 PM, Troy Curtis Jr <troycurtisjr@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction with an issue I'm
> having compiling Subversion on Windows 10 using Visual Studio 2015 tools.
>
> I decided to break out of my comfort zone a bit and see if I could get the
> changes in for the py3c dependency added on the Windows side, but I am
> *not* a Windows dev.  I've done a lot of learning, which as been fun, but I
> can't figure this last error out.  I've attached the error log, and my WIP
> visual studio script that basically got me this far.
>
> It seems to complain the it can't find a handful of symbols related to
> zlib, but if I look at the static archive I see those names (though there
> are all those different calling conventions on windows, so maybe that is
> related to my issue?).
>
> Anyway, I've run out of ideas and was hoping for a little nudge.
> …
>
>
> Troy
>
> <vs-build.txt>
>
> <svnbuilderr.txt>
>
>
> Forgive the second reply but on further study of the build log and some
> googling around, I think the absolute/relative paths are not the culprit,
> and that your suspicion about calling conventions may be correct.
>
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5424549/unresolved-externals-despite-linking-in-zlib-lib
>
> Which led to:
>
> http://www.zlib.net/DLL_FAQ.txt
>
> To summarize, CDECL is default and therefore probably what Subversion is
> building with, but zlib may be building with STDCALL.
>
> I would check if the zlib project defines ZLIB_WINAPI and if so, remove
> it and retry the build.
>

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this Nathan! You were right
on.  I had gotten close earlier but went the wrong way.  At one point I
*added* ZLIB_WINAPI to the config header, but of course it complained about
a redefinition.   It didn't click that I needed to *remove* it.  Pulling
that out of the build configuration finally got me linking (well, after
added /safeseh to the asm build in zlib as well).

Now to add swig to the mix and maybe eventually actually adding the change
I want to test! XD

Thanks again!

Troy

Mime
View raw message