subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1819391 - /subversion/site/staging/docs/release-notes/1.10.html
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2017 04:50:02 GMT
On Dec 28, 2017, at 5:59 PM, Stefan <luke1410@posteo.de> wrote:

> Suggestion for a different phrasing:
>
> section id: svn-1.9-old-stable
>
> The Subversion 1.9.x line is now the old stable version.  This means that 1.9.x will
still receive security relevant fixes as well as bugfixes. While we will evaluate any bugreport
with regards to its severity, there might be issues with a lower severity which will only
get fixed in 1.10.x (this especially applies to issues which would require API additions/changes
and/or require a significant investment to get backported to the old stable version).
> Therefore, if you are running into an issue with the old stable version which has already
been fixed in the latest version, we might ask you to upgrade to that version to resolve the
issue.

> Regards,
> Stefan

Just chiming in here. As a user, Stefan's suggested text makes sense, sounds reasonable from
both a dev and a user point of view, and is far less scary sounding than "deprecated" or "doomed"