subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's switch to time-based releases
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2017 06:52:43 GMT
On 27.11.2017 14:52, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
> I know this has been discussed before, but it was never made reality.
> On last week's hackathon we also didn't come to a full consensus on
> various details. But I think we should simply work out those details,
> hopefully come to some compromise, and if so, JFD it.

It has been discussed before and for a while we even did it this way.
The problem is that we're again at the point where we have to find a
reluctant volunteer to RM any release we want to make. So ...

"There's no 'we' in Team" :p  Some individual has to step up and do
this. The sort of release train you describe needs someone to drive it,
to whit, a "permanent" release manager. No amount of documentation and
schedules and good intentions will make this happen all by itself.

-- Brane