subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Evgeny Kotkov <evgeny.kot...@visualsvn.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1803639 - in /subversion/trunk: build/run_tests.py subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/fs.h subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/fs_fs.c subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/transaction.c subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py win-tests.py
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2017 14:05:39 GMT
Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> writes:

> We have a mix of options that depend on SVN_VER_MINOR and on
> ffd->format.
>
> SVN_VER_MINOR:
>   [memcached-servers]
>   [caches]
>   [debug]
>
> ffd->format:
>   [rep-sharing]
>   [packed-revprops]
>   [io]
>
> both:
>   [deltification] - requires ≥1.8 and ≥f4

I think that I have missed that the whole [deltification] section and even
the 'compression-level' option itself have been available starting from
certain minor versions, instead of just being new in some formats.

>From this perspective, there's nothing special about the new 'compression'
option, and I should agree that making it available starting from 1.10 and
also applicable to older fs formats would be better.

While here, I think that we could also error out on a configuration with
both 'compression' and 'compression-level' set to limit the amount of
possible configurations.  (Currently, in such case the 'compression'
option silently overrides 'compression-level'.)

Perhaps, then, we could do all this as in the attached patch.

Thanks,
Evgeny Kotkov