subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Giving 1.10 alpha more exposure to gather feedback
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2017 09:57:39 GMT
Can we try to give 1.10 alpha3 a bit more exposure, in order to gather
more feedback? I'm thinking of:

- A post to users@, explicitly pointing out the TC resolution features
and asking for testing / feedback. This should be short and to the
point, and IMO should contain a short version of the table at [1] (BTW
is the table still accurate? Perhaps it should show which of the
resolution options is the 'm' option?).

- Reaching out to producers of binaries (e.g. TortoiseSVN, Wandisco,
CollabNet) to create a 1.10-alpha3 (client at least), and announce it
on their website / channels, with some info about the TC resolution
features (based on our users@ post?) and asking for feedback (either
to be sent to users@, or via the vendor's own channels / forums ...).

- Announce / ask feedback more prominently on our own website.

- Reach out to software that integrates SVN (e.g. IDE's) to start
working on 1.10 support, with TC resolution functionality. For
instance I can file an issue with IntelliJ IDEA for this.

More ideas ...?

[1] http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.10.html#conflict-resolver

--
Johan