subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Evgeny Kotkov <evgeny.kot...@visualsvn.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: new fsfs.conf properties
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 14:31:22 GMT
Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel@gmail.com> writes:

> Nice!
>
> But how about deltification? Has anyone tried / benchmarked the effect
> of turning off deltification (with or without compression), to see
> what the effect would be on the commit time? Like I suggested in this
> thread yesterday (i.e. set max-deltification-walk to 0 in fsfs.conf --
> or perhaps play with both max-deltification-walk and
> max-linear-deltification) ...

I haven't tested commit with deltification enabled/disabled in config, but
a synthetic benchmark of the deltification itself (create two big random
files, run vdelta-test -q over them) shows a rate of around 340-350 MiB/s
on my machine.

That's probably enough to not slow down commits in an immediately visible way.

Regards,
Evgeny Kotkov