subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continue the 1.10 alphas?
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 21:29:41 GMT
On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Jacek Materna <jacek@assembla.com> wrote:
> Great to hear on 1.10 move along.
>
> On SHA1 I can help if you feel it may move things along in parallel - we
> ended up having to use the pre-commit hook for our customer base as per
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/subversion/trunk/tools/hook-scripts/reject-known-sha1-collisions.sh?view=markup&pathrev=1784336

Yes, that pre-commit hook is certainly a good thing at the moment.
Maybe we can give it more visibility and make it more accessible when
releasing 1.10.

IIUC, after Stefan Fuhrman's recent commits trunk can now handle sha1
collisions in the back end, i.e. the repository can store both
colliding files correctly. So with 1.10 it would no longer be
necessary to protect the back-end with this hook. But the client-side
and 'svnadmin dump / load' still have problems. And even if those were
fixed, the hook would still be useful to support older clients from
your 1.10 server.

--
Johan