subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Kueng <tortoise...@gmail.com>
Subject translations
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2017 16:13:06 GMT
Hi,

Since the new conflict resolver API offer a lot of strings to be used in
an UI, I'm wondering about the translations of those strings.

I remember there was a discussion about two years ago about using a web
based translation tool for Subversion (e.g.
http://translationproject.org/), but that discussion got to no real
decision.
For TSVN we use transifex (https://www.transifex.com/) which is free for
open source projects. Works quite well - it updates the new strings
automatically from our repository pot file.

Even if Subversion does not move to use such a web based tool: how about
providing the source pot file in the repository which should be updated
frequently so translators can use that file without having to install
and parse the whole svn source?

I'm bringing this up again since I noticed that the existing
translations are very old and outdated. And since TSVN is fully
translated in many languages, the new conflict resolver UI would still
show the English strings since they now come from the svn lib.

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"