subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subversion AuthZ Wildcards
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2017 16:05:39 GMT
Doug Robinson wrote:
> Folks:
>
> "Julian said Stefan said this could be useful."  :-)
>
> I really hope it is.  Best wishes and thank you all!

Thank you very much, Doug!

Svn devs: the attachment is a presentation Doug had prepared for
explaining the Authz wilcard rules as implemented for WANdisco a couple
of years ago, which they have been using with svn 1.9.x, and which is a
little different from the 'authzperf' version that we have recently
merged to trunk for 1.10.

I suggested to Stefan2 that the one thing we're missing is clear
documentation of the new work, and to Doug that we might benefit from
using the content of his presentation as a starting point to create our
own docs for the new work.

Doug is very keen that WD's version and our "official" version of
wildcard support should align in the long term, and in support of this,
kindly agreed to contribute this for us to use as we see fit.

- Julian