subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Evgeny Kotkov <evgeny.kot...@visualsvn.com>
Subject Re: Intent to roll Subversion 1.9.5 / 1.8.17 (was: Re: Status review for 1.8.17 and 1.9.5)
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2016 09:36:38 GMT
Branko Čibej <brane@apache.org> writes:

>> I would be happy to roll both of the tarballs, if that's what everyone
>> feels like doing.  But just to be sure — are there any other opinions about
>> also releasing 1.8.17?
>
> We should at least go through the 1.8.x STATUS and CHANGES to see what's
> in the queue.

We have already merged two fixes for user-reported crashes:

    https://svn.apache.org/r1751204
    Resolve stack corruption in swig-perl
    Justification:
      User requested fix. Breaks git's svn clone support in some
      use-cases. See
      http://www.mail-archive.com/git@vger.kernel.org/msg97227.html

    https://svn.apache.org/r1764565
    Handle merging to local add as error instead of segfault.
    Justification:
      Segfault. User reported.

And there are four nominations with two +1 votes in 1.8.x/STATUS:

    * r1706783
    Really pass patch result to svn_client_patch() filter

    * r1711346
    Properly remove tempfiles in svnlook on diff errors such as EPIPE.

    * r1717875, r1717878
    Make inherited property api consistent over all ra layers

    * r1728387
    Fix issue 4611, gpg-agent and passwords with a percent character.

Regards,
Evgeny Kotkov