subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Neyman <sti...@att.net>
Subject Re: trunk client fails during conflict resolution
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2016 23:36:27 GMT
On 10/18/2016 02:02 PM, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 01:42:40PM -0700, Alexey Neyman wrote:
>> I just found what made it consider this directory different: it had build
>> artifacts (*.o, *.d, etc) in that directory - once I ran 'make clean' prior
>> to merge, the merge proceeded smoothly. Does the client consider unversioned
>> files when comparing the directories?
> I could reproduce this with unversioned artifacts in the directory and
> without. It seems accepting the deletion of a directoy was broken in
> general. The change I just committed in r1765506 fixes the problem here
> Can you confirm?
Yes, directory deletion is accepted if I choose (a) and merge completes
successfully.

My point of mentioning the build artifacts was that without build
artifact there is no conflict to begin with. So the question was, why
does a presence of unversioned files in <dir> affect the tree conflict
detection?

Regards,
Alexey.