subversion-dev mailing list archives

From "Bert Huijben" <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject RE: New SHA1 property for nodes returned 'svn ls --xml' invocations.
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 11:28:59 GMT

Just one example:
Stability over dump-load and different subversion filesystems (bdb, fsfs, fsx and different
versions of those)

If we don't need it for very specific new features I think we should keep node-rev id's strictly
server/repository side, as the moment we expose them we have to promise them to be stable
over dump-load, which would probably imply another level of redirection. And at that point
those IDs might not be the most efficient format any more.

	Bert