subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <p...@hammant.org>
Subject Svn capability for SparkleShare
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 17:18:35 GMT
SparkleShare: https://www.sparkleshare.org/

TL:DR: Like DropBox but your own SCM as the backing store, and not
as-a-service.

There's many non-DropBox host-it-yourself solutions, but none use a formal
SCM as the backing store. So of course, SparkleShare is *super-stable for
Git only*, but the principal author, Hylke Bons (bcc'd), opened the door
for other SCM choices with a decent backend abstraction.

With https://github.com/ph-hs/SparkleShare I'm 65% of the way through a
Subversion backend. It does the initial checkout, but chokes right now on
the svn-up to bring down new/changed, and the svn-commit to push back
changes. Forget about merge and that (just a TODO for, though Hylke had
that working for Git).

If you want to join in, you'll need to install Xamarin Studio (brew cask
install xamarin-studio) and renew your love of C#.

After I finish the Svn client, I'll start work on a Perforce one, for those
that care. Hopefully there's no rule about mentioning other SCMs on this
list.

Reach out off the list if you want to get involved, or just fork and PR on
Github :)

- Paul