The last C I did was in 1992, so I think I'm quite rusty. Otherwise I'd use the reproduction to guide me to the lines in error, and give you that patch/PR.

-ph

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel@gmail.com> wrote:

Op 11-jun.-2016 12:37 schreef "Paul Hammant" <paul@hammant.org>:

> http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/issues.html amongst other things, says "
> if you're pretty sure about the bug, go ahead and post directly to our development list". OK, so here's a bug with merge tracking:
>
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4635
>
>    Synopsis: Series of cherry-picks between branches breaks subversions merge tracking
>
> A reproducible bug, I should say - there's bash scripts within the issue. made on a mac and tested with Svn 1.9.4.
>
> I even ported the same scripts to Perforce, Git and Mercurial (same sequence of merge events) and it
> works fine. The code for those is on branches in that same Git repo.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for reporting this issue, with reproduction script and all.

It's fine that you try to draw a little attention to it with your post to dev@. However, at this time resources are quite low in our little dev community, so I'm not sure when someone will be able to take a closer look.

Patches are always welcome of course :-), but I know that not everyone has the time to go that route ...

Regardless, thanks for the issue report.

--
Johan