subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cleaning up the FAQ
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2016 10:23:33 GMT
On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Bert Huijben <bert@qqmail.nl> wrote:
>> I think we should just generalize this section.
>>
>> There are DST rule changes around the world at least every year -commonly more often-
and I don't think anybody would really check for the US 2007 changes specifically any more.

>> I just checked the archive for the iana timezone database (https://www.iana.org/time-zones)
and we are now on the fifth set of rules released in 2016. There were 6 in 2015, 10 in 2014...

>> I don't think the 2007 rule change warrants its own article when you don't look at
it with US-only-glasses.

> Agreed. In that case this article doesn't need to be moved to the
> "Deprecated FAQ".
>
> Any feedback on the general idea (and implementation) of the Deprecated FAQ?

Just a quick mail to say that the Deprecated FAQ section now exists,
and I've moved the "windows-xp-server" question over there (left the
DST question in place). I'll follow up with further changes gradually
... Or if anyone else feels like it: go ahead.

--
Johan