subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Corveleyn <jcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN-4635: Cherry-pick merge scenario causes Svn to choke
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2016 14:37:16 GMT
Op 11-jun.-2016 12:37 schreef "Paul Hammant" <paul@hammant.org>:

> http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/issues.html amongst
other things, says "
> if you're pretty sure about the bug, go ahead and post directly to our
development list". OK, so here's a bug with merge tracking:

>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4635
>
>    Synopsis: Series of cherry-picks between branches breaks subversions
merge tracking

> A reproducible bug, I should say - there's bash scripts within the issue.
made on a mac and tested with Svn 1.9.4.

> I even ported the same scripts to Perforce, Git and Mercurial (same
sequence of merge events) and it
> works fine. The code for those is on branches in that same Git repo.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for reporting this issue, with reproduction script and all.

It's fine that you try to draw a little attention to it with your post to
dev@. However, at this time resources are quite low in our little dev
community, so I'm not sure when someone will be able to take a closer look.

Patches are always welcome of course :-), but I know that not everyone has
the time to go that route ...

Regardless, thanks for the issue report.

--
Johan