subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <p...@hammant.org>
Subject SVN-4635: Cherry-pick merge scenario causes Svn to choke
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2016 10:37:29 GMT
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/issues.html amongst other
things, says "
if you're pretty sure about the bug, go ahead and post directly to our
development list". OK, so here's a bug with merge tracking:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4635

   Synopsis: Series of cherry-picks between branches breaks subversions
merge tracking

A reproducible bug, I should say - there's bash scripts within the issue.
made on a mac and tested with Svn 1.9.4.

I even ported the same scripts to Perforce, Git and Mercurial (same
sequence of merge events) and it
works fine. The code for those is on branches in that same Git repo.

- Paul