subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NFS performance regression in 1.9
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:46:43 GMT
On 8 January 2016, Julian Foad wrote:
> This commit was
>
>   http://svn.apache.org/r1710167
>
> The backport proposal was not approved in time for 1.9.3. Due to
> customer pressure I'm now testing & reviewing it.

+1, approved.

On my system, the total test times for 'exclusive locking' mode were:

Test time in seconds (two runs)  Svn version
 739,  731    1.8.15
1068, 1071   1.9.3
 802,  805    1.9.x+r1710167

(WC on a Linux-based NAS server, NFSv3 over 100M ethernet, repository
and everything else on Linux client with SSD.)

With the WC on the local SSD, the patch causes an increase in test
times in 'exclusive locking' mode:

Test time in seconds (two runs)  Svn version
  81,   80   1.8.15
  85,   84   1.9.3
  92,   89   1.9.x+r1710167

But that's not the use case this mode is intended for, so I suppose that is OK.

- Julian