subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Huijben <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject RE: votes? [HISTORY HELP?]
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2016 10:58:03 GMT
I don’t remember any other votes for the years I was active in the project.

The whitespace vote took place well before that period, but you can’t miss this specific
case when you go through the Subversion history. Almost every file was touched after that
occasion, while we still have places that aren’t completely updated.

Perhaps something around the Subversion Corporation if ever? (Don’t think so…)

Bert

From: Greg Stein
Sent: vrijdag 1 januari 2016 14:43
To: dev@subversion.apache.org
Subject: votes? [HISTORY HELP?]

Hey all,

There have been a few occasions when I've noted to others how our community has *avoided*
voting. For FIFTEEN years.

We took a vote on whitespace issues because consensus wasn't clear. That ended up with "no
space before paren".

But it seems we took a vote on something else. But I don't recall. ... ???

What other community votes have we performed?

I'm talking formal votes. Not the drive-by stuff for release branches, or privates votes for
committers. Flat-out votes where we have asked the whole community to VOTE.

It has been rare. Thankfully. Anybody know what else we voted on?

Thx,
-g