subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1725184 - /subversion/branches/1.9.x/STATUS
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 12:32:29 GMT
On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 01:20:56PM +0100, Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:
> TL;DR: Change is effective as per attached test case.
> No crashes should ever result from it.  Some 20% portion
> of cache memory is guaranteed to work as before which
> limits potential side effects.

Sounds like this is related to the yellow box here?
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.7.html#server-performance-tuning

We recently ran into a case where the default cache settings resulted
in performance issues during checkout of a tree with large directories,
so bad that clients just gave up and disconnected while the checkout
was still running. Configuring the cache made the system usable.
If this change avoids this problem by default, I like it.

And thanks for the detailed explanation!