subversion-dev mailing list archives

From "Bert Huijben" <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject RE: Running SVN 1.9.x on ASF servers?
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 12:09:29 GMT
                Hi Greg,

Any news on this?

I’m trying to find the list this discussion moved to.

                Bert

From: Greg Stein [mailto:gstein@gmail.com]
Sent: dinsdag 1 december 2015 22:20
To: Tony Stevenson <pctony@apache.org>
Cc: David Nalley <ke4qqq@apache.org>
Subject: Re: Running SVN 1.9.x on ASF servers?

[bcc: dev@svn; switching lists...]

Yeah. I'll follow up to a more appropriate list, as we're getting into Infra bits rather than
svn bits :-)

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Tony Stevenson <pctony@apache.org <mailto:pctony@apache.org>
> wrote:

cc+= David Nalley (for oversight, the fact there is an 'issue', etc).

Hey Greg,

Sorry I didn't mean to use beta. You are indeed correct, as usual, they are releases. :)

I will state again, that while I appreciate that differing versions of httpd and/or subversion
(and the libraries it uses) is far from a a trivial task for us. This will essentially mean
migrating and replacing the current EU slave to bring it into line with the US master.  You
may recall that the US master move (and therefore migration) was forced upon us when eris
died over a year ago now.

This forced move meant the host was put on a different OS, which introduced the disparity
between the EU and US today.

Fixing this is something that Infra would consider a project piece. i.e. not something we
can just slot in this week. Given the projects on the table already, and the skills in Infra
to to do the work being tied up in other projects; it is going to be weeks before there is
any available cycles to address it.

I understand this might not be what you want to hear, but it is a fact of where we are in
terms of standardising, and automating everything.

With all that being said, I suspect you would not want us to deploy 1.9 onto a single host
(US) leaving the EU slave where it is now?

Tony