subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Evgeny Kotkov <evgeny.kot...@visualsvn.com>
Subject Re: No-op changes no longer dumped by 'svnadmin dump' in 1.9
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 12:21:32 GMT
Stefan Fuhrmann <stefan.fuhrmann@wandisco.com> writes:

> Could you at least use the new API in svn_repos__compare_files instead
> of re-implementing parts of the FS back-end but worse? I know this is
> the code as it has been in 1.8 but that does not make the it any better.

Speaking of /branches/1.9.x, I would like to nominate this change as is.
It should be easier to review, because we would be restoring things to a
known previous state, instead of mixing new with old.

As for /trunk, I think that we could do that, so I sketched this option in
the attached patch.  Currently I am not sure that there are no subtle but
important differences between two implementations, so doing this is going
to require a bit more time.  Hopefully, I would be able to sort it out after
we're done with the backport.

Regards,
Evgeny Kotkov