subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: NFS performance regression in 1.9
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:44:05 GMT
"Bert Huijben" <bert@qqmail.nl> writes:

> I'm not able to answer all that, but I do know that your change will
> slow Subversion down on Samba shares as used from Windows systems with
> that flag. And once one user used it in that way it will stay slow
> because the journal mode is stored in the database.
>
> I don't think just touching a working copy with a client should ever
> have such an effect on a working copy.

The journal mode is set to TRUNCATE every time we open the database,
that doesn't change with my patch.  Are you saying that TRUNCATE will be
ignored after some previous connection uses DELETE?  The documentation
doesn't appear to support you:

  https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_journal_mode

  This pragma queries or sets the journal mode for databases associated
  with the current database connection.

Ivan's original change r1659426 stated:

  The TRUNCATE and DELETE journal modes are compatible, so different
  Subversion clients with different journal mode should just work with same
  working copy without problems.

--
Philip Martin
WANdisco