subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Running SVN 1.9.x on ASF servers?
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 21:47:21 GMT
Bert Huijben <bert@qqmail.nl> writes:

> I think we have a chicken and egg problem here :(
>
> The ASF waits until the distributions update... And the distributions
> don't update to 1.9 because we apparently don't think it is stable
> because we don't update ourselves.

When we first discussed the move into the ASF repository:

http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2009-11/0259.shtml

  * Infra is willing to run our release candidates on the main repos, so
    we don't need a special server for that. they're pretty much willing
    to run anything we ask for (alpha? beta?), but that obviously means
    we better be *damned* sure it won't lose or corrupt the repo :-)

--
Philip Martin
WANdisco