subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running SVN 1.9.x on ASF servers?
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2015 08:27:52 GMT
On 10.10.2015 10:14, Tony Stevenson wrote:
> What I will say is that:
>
> - if you guys produced a .deb package that did all the things above
> - this .deb was hosted in a repo we'd happily pull from
> - the subversion project were willing to support the upgrade process and were available
if the fan was to meet the shit
> - you accept that if we feel we cannot resolve any issues without rolling back - we will
do just that.

> If you can do this. You may well find us saying yes that much more easily.
>
> Please also remember that we have SLAs we have to work towards - so upgrades need be
announced a minimum of 72hours prior, but the more the better.

> I am happy to continue this thread if you want to ask more questions. But the 'it must
be a package' - 'from a repo we trust' - 'all changes managed by puppet' are firm policies
that we will not shift from.

> So if you can work within those constraints we might be able to do something.

This is actually the sort of answer I was hoping for.

While we've had packaging scripts in our repo, these were never any kind
of priority. I don't think it makes sense to change that. But I also see
no reason not to maintain packages for our own use within the ASF somewhere.

Assuming a "trusted repo" is available somewhere in our infrastructure,
I'd be happy to have a go at producing a package for 1.9.x. I expect
we're able to test packages and deployments before going live, yes?

-- Brane