subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Zhakov <i...@visualsvn.com>
Subject ASF JIRA: IRC Notifications
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 09:07:39 GMT
The ASFBot supports posting JIRA updates to IRC channel. Currently it
configured to post notifications on all issue changes. But it seems to
generate a lot traffic to IRC channel and may distract from
discussions. See yesterday conversion for example [1]. Please note
that this was not bulk update -- I was cleaning up some old issues,
fixing milestone etc.

I suggest to disable "Issue Update" notifications go to IRC channel.
I.e. post only "Issue Open", "Issue Commented", "Issue Resolved" and
"Issue Closed" notifications. This change wouldn't affect JIRA
notifications for issues@s.a.o. Another option to disable JIRA IRC
notifications completely.

[1] http://colabti.org/irclogger/irclogger_log/svn-dev?date=2015-09-28#l146

--