subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Strapetz <marc.strap...@syntevo.com>
Subject JavaHL: strange/impossible IOException
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:44:08 GMT
We have just received following bug report which shows an impossible
stack trace:

> java.io.IOException: No space left on device
> 	at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
> 	at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.subversion.javahl.remote.RemoteSession.nativeGetFile(Native Method)
> 	at org.apache.subversion.javahl.remote.RemoteSession.getFile(RemoteSession.java:167)

I'm considering it as "impossible", because RemoteSession.nativeGetFile
only throws a ClientException and no IOException. I guess the only
possible way to throw a checked Exception which is not declared is from
native code. Now I'm wondering whether this might be related to the
Exception wrapping/unwrapping problem which Bert has addressed in
r1664939 (and following)? Btw, these kinds of stack traces have also
been reported for the javahl-1.8-extensions branch.

-Marc