subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Strapetz <marc.strap...@syntevo.com>
Subject Re: JavaHL, 1.9: "Bad file descriptor", "Stream doesn't support this capability" errors
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 06:58:04 GMT
On 14.08.2015 11:21, Philip Martin wrote:
> Marc Strapetz <marc.strapetz@syntevo.com> writes:
>
>> It's reproducible with an empty repository on the server (just
>> initialized with svnadmin) and a local repository which has been
>> prepared for the initial import:
>>
>> C:\temp\svn> svn status -v
>>                   0        0  ?           .
>> A                -       ?   ?           dir
>> A                -       ?   ?           dir\subfile
>> A                -       ?   ?           file
>>
>> C:\temp\svn> svn commit -m "initial import"
>> svn: E140004: Commit failed (details follow):
>> svn: E140004: Stream doesn't support this capability
>> svn: E000009: Polling for available data on filestream failed: Bad
>> file descriptor
>>
>> On the server, we are running SVN 1.6.17.
>
> That's the apr_poll() call in data_available_handler_apr() failing, and
> E000009 could be EBADF.  I suppose the file could have been closed, or
> the file descriptor could have been overwritten.  What do you see in the
> debugger?

Philip, is there any input you are expecting from my side? Because I
don't have an idea how I should debug this on the server side.

Do you think the problem can be caused by the rather old version SVN
1.6.17 on the server? Either way, there must have happened something in
the SVN 1.9 release as well, breaking this.

-Marc