subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Strapetz <marc.strap...@syntevo.com>
Subject Re: JavaHL, 1.9: "Bad file descriptor", "Stream doesn't support this capability" errors
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 11:32:44 GMT
On 27.07.2015 09:21, Branko ─îibej wrote:
> On 27.07.2015 09:17, Marc Strapetz wrote:
>> One of our 1.9 (early-access) users is reporting problems when
>> performing remote commands, for example a copy URL->URL:
>>
>> org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException: Stream doesn't support
>> this capability
>> Bad file descriptor
>> svn: Polling for available data on filestream failed: Bad file descriptor
>>      at org.apache.subversion.javahl.SVNClient.copy(Native Method)
>>      at ...
>>
>> He hasn't encountered such problems with 1.8 versions.
>>
>> AFAIU, he is connecting using SSH. Is this an SSH-related problem?
>> Could it be related to the underlying SSH client?
>
> Which platform is this? Can the user reproduce this problem with the
> command-line svn on the same machine?

It's on Windows, in combination with SSH. I'm now able to reproduce this
problem myself and it looks like a regression to me:

It's reproducible with our own Windows binaries as well as with the
WANdisco binaries. It's reproducible with Plink/Pageant as well as with
Trilead SSH. The commit works fine with Subversion 1.8.

Is there any additional information/debugging I can do on my side?

-Marc