subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Hett <ste...@egosoft.com>
Subject detection of moved branches for svn-normalizer tool
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:07:43 GMT
Hi,

I came across a case where svn-normalizer did remove mergeinfo for a
branch which was still present but got renamed in one revision.
I understand why it behaves the current way, but maybe in favor of the
improvements done for handling moves it might also be a good idea to
have svn-normalizer better handle these scenarios?

For a quick demo/test-case showing the underlying issue, I've attached a
batch-file (for windows) demonstrating the case.

As you see the resulting mergeinfo for FooProject/FooSDK is:
/SDK/FooSDK/trunk:2-3
/SDK/FooSDK2/tags/v2:6
/SDK/FooSDK2/trunk:4

Running svn-normalizer analyse now reports
/SDK/FooSDK as a deleted branch (in r4) and running svn-normalizer
normalize --remove-obsoletes would then drop this mergeinfo.

Suggested behavior would be that if a branch is renamed and still
present on trunk, it would not be removed when using svn-normalizer
normalize --remove-obsoletes.

Regards,
Stefan