subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Roderich Schupp <roderich.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Segfault in Perl bindings when commit touches a large number of files
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 15:54:02 GMT
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Roderich Schupp <roderich.schupp@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've dug a little deeper and think I've found a serious flaw in how the
> Perl bindings handle
> the Perl arguments and return values stack.

I've committed a series of patches (r1683261:1683271) to address this
problem:

   - identify helper functions that (transitively) may call back into Perl
   - bracket all calls to these functions in Swig rules with PUTBACK/SPAGAIN
   (or only SPAGAIN for "in" typemaps, as the local stack pointer does not
   "move" during input parameter handling)

Cheers, Roderich