subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Martin <philip.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1686181 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion/mod_dav_svn:./ reports/
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 11:38:39 GMT
Bert Huijben <bert@qqmail.nl> writes:

> Could you please add some documentation to this function on when to
> pass an error_id and when to pass an apr_status. I was expecting that
> they were the same thing and most callers pass neither (just 0).
>
> Is it possible to fold the few cases where we use an error id into a
> specific (new?) Apr status?
>
> Bert

These functions are wrappers around mod_dav functions and our
documentation already refers to mod_dav.  I suppose we could duplicate
the information but mod_dav would remain definitive.

dav_error *
dav_svn__new_error_svn(apr_pool_t *pool,
                       int status,
                       int error_id,
                       apr_status_t aprerr,
                       const char *desc);

My understanding is:

  - 'status' is the HTTP status returned to the client

  - 'error_id' is an additional DAV error, i.e. some violation of the
     DAV rules.  There are some definitions in mod_dav.h but callers can
     pass other values.

  - 'aprerr' is any underlying APR error, i.e. some sort of runtime
    system error.

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*