subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Kueng <tortoise...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Assertion Failure dialogs appear when attempting to open repository with bad URL
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 20:22:26 GMT

On 10.06.2015 21:04, Bert Huijben wrote:
> I don’t think we can really fix that url in the api by canonicalizing it
> to something completely different/unrelated, but the assertion makes it
> obvious that the caller can just see/check that the url is not going to
> work… just like values such as the empty string or strings with no
> scheme, that can't be canonicalized to a url either.

Such a behavior might be ok for a command line client.
But as you can see from the original report, other clients either need
proper error messages or a canonicalize API that does what its name says
it does.

As it is now, the svn_uri_is_canonical() and the
svn_dirent_canonicalize()/svn_uri_canonicalize() don't really match.

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"