subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1680819 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/revprops.c
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 11:56:31 GMT
Philip Martin wrote:
> The argument appears to be that we cannot design a perfect stream
> library and so we should write code using files instead.

No, that's not it at all.

>  I'd prefer to
> accept limitations in our stream design and write a stream library that
> helps write the rest of our code.  I don't believe we have to design a
> 'perfect' stream library.

Agreed.

See the IRC conversation going on right now:
  http://colabti.org/irclogger/irclogger_log/svn-dev?date=2015-05-28#l63

Bert is pointing out that we shouldn't be trying to make a full flush
to hardware after writing each file, as that's unreasonably slow and
unnecessary.

So we need to re-think the approach here.

- Julian