subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Subversion configure script broken for serf if sysroot path contains "-D"
Date Fri, 15 May 2015 17:49:37 GMT

>> There's really no completely safe way to rewrite that regular
expression. But I think you can avoid even invoking it by passing
--with-serf=/path/to/serf/prefix to configure; if the Serf path is
provided, we won't invoke pkg-config.

> Of course - a completely safe fix would have to do something rather
different from a simple regex to ensure it wasn't catching something it
didn't intend to, and may not be worth the effort. I would think that
adding a space in the regex before the hyphen might be sufficient, but I
don't know if you need to worry about a -D option at the very start of the
cflags string.  Adding the space into the regex is how I'm working around
the issue for now.

Right. Adding the space, and a separate check for the start of the string,
would help.

> But then, since what the code is actually trying to get is the include
path and not the full cflags, perhaps it could instead request
--variable=includedir from pkg-config, and not need to munge the string at
all.

Do you mind trying that? I'm sure a patch that does away with the regex
filter entirely would be welcome.

-- Brane