subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Huijben <b...@qqmail.nl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1682265 - /subversion/trunk/subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/util.c
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 20:55:15 GMT
In this case the log message documented that it fixed ‘a problem on Windows’, which would
suggest at least some Windows testing

[[

Correctly fsync() after renames in FSFS on Win32.  We must flush the disk
buffers after the rename, otherwise the metadata may not be persistent.
Moreover, if the rename is degraded to a copy by Win32, we won't even have
the complete file contents on disk without a buffer flush.

]]

The original code worked just fine in 1.7 and 1.8 before this patch, so some explanation on
what problem is fixed, how to reproduce the problem and how this impacts performance would
be welcome.

Bert

Sent from Surface