subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Recursive operations and authz
Date Sun, 17 May 2015 01:06:09 GMT
On 16.05.2015 22:32, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
>> In most CM workflows I've ever seen, a tag is assumed to be a read-only
>> snapshot since its creation. FWIW, even with the required authz support
>> in place, we still wouldn't have real tags, just as we don't have real
>> branches; there's more to the semantics of these concepts than just
>> access patterns.
>>
> I meant it would be nice to have option in authz file to say "I allow
> creating tags in this folder, but I don't allow to modify or delete
> them". The create permissions looks like solution for this use. But it
> doesn't cover case when tag created from working, i.e. 'copy then
> modify some files'

That's an interesting point: WC-to-repos copy is tricky. I wonder how
hard it would be to somehow incorporate the fact that the copy and
modification are happening in the same transaction/edit drive into the
authz decisions, without exposing the concept of transactions outside
the repository layer.

-- Brane