subversion-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: getting desperate because of assumed regression after 1.8.11 (was: Can someone please verfiy this "svn -v st" behaviour with file externals?)
Date Mon, 18 May 2015 15:04:51 GMT
On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 01:54:03PM +0000, Lorenz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting desperate because I think I've spotted a bug/regression in
> svn since 1.8.11 and in spite of several post about the topic (both to
> users and dev) noone seem interested in verifying or rejecting my
> report.

I can reproduce based on your script. Please file an issue.
Thanks for your bug report, and for being so patient, and for not giving up :)

I used this command sequence with 'svn' built from trunk:

[[[
svnadmin create /tmp/repos

mkdir -p /tmp/wcwmain/sub
echo empty > /tmp/wc/empty.txt

svn import -m "" wc file:///tmp/repos
svn checkout --force file:///tmp/repos /tmp/wc

svn propset svn:externals "^/empty.txt empty-main.txt" /tmp/wc
svn propset svn:externals "^/empty.txt empty-sub.txt" /tmp/wc/sub
svn commit -m "" /tmp/wc

svn checkout file:///tmp/repos /tmp/wc2
svn -v status /tmp/wc2

svn update /tmp/wc2
svn -v st /tmp/wc2
]]]

+ svn -v status /tmp/wc2
                 2        2 stsp         /tmp/wc2
    X            2        1 stsp         /tmp/wc2/empty-main.txt
                 2        1 stsp         /tmp/wc2/empty.txt
+ svn update /tmp/wc2
Updating 'wc2':

Fetching external item into 'wc2/empty-main.txt':
External at revision 2.

At revision 2.
+ svn -v st /tmp/wc2
                 2        2 stsp         /tmp/wc2
    X            2       ?   ?           /tmp/wc2/empty-main.txt
                 2        1 stsp         /tmp/wc2/empty.txt